Carbon Monoxide Leak From 3-D Printer Kills Couple

Carbon Monoxide Leak From 3-D Printer Kills Couple

San Francisco News reports that a leak from a 3-D printer caused the death of a Berkeley couple and their pets. According to an investigation, carbon monoxide gas leaked from the printer, and killed the family. Carbon monoxide is a colorless and odorless gas - you can't see it, smell it or taste it. Symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning include minor issues such as nausea, headaches and fatigue. It may be confused with the flu. More prolonged exposure can have catastrophic effects such as brain damage or death.

A recent study issued a warning to both consumers and manufacturers that 3D printers may leak toxic emissions into homes. The study noted that the use of "lasers to burn through certain materials such as plastics" may create dangers associated with noxious gasses. When used in confined areas such as homes, the printers can be deadly.

This accident remains under investigation. Many household products may contain hidden dangers and toxins. In certain situations, manufacturers may be aware of the dangers and be required to provide sufficient warning to consumers. The failure to do so may be negligence.

For more information, or if you or a loved one has suffered harm as the result of toxic exposure, please contact the experienced San Francisco personal injury lawyers at Bostwick & Peterson, LLP for an immediate consultation.

Categories:

Get the Help You Need Now

All Consultations are Free and Confidential
    • Please enter your name.
    • This isn't a valid phone number.
    • Please enter your email address.
      This isn't a valid email address.
    • Please make a selection.
    • Please enter a message.