San Francisco Brain Injury Lawyer
TWO GENERAL CLASSES OF BRAIN INJURY
- Traumatic brain injury, which results from blunt force trauma like that sustained in a motor vehicle accident, construction accident, or slip and fall. TBI can also occur without a specific impact, such as in cases of whiplash, where the brain is injured due to rapid acceleration and deceleration within the skull.
- Hypoxic/anoxic brain injury, which is caused by restricted oxygen flow to brain tissue and can result in brain cell damage and conditions such as hypoxic-ischemic encephalopathy (HIE).
TBIs and hypoxic brain injuries can have devastating consequences, including long-term if not life-long disabilities that prevent victims from living normal lives and create many expenses for their families.
If another's negligence or wrongful act caused a brain injury suffered by you or someone you love, you may be able to seek compensation for your losses. Our attorneys at Bostwick & Peterson, LLP can help.
Proven Results in Brain Injury Litigation
Brain injuries can have many underlying causes – including both trauma sustained in accidents and brain damage resulting from medical malpractice.
At Bostwick & Peterson, LLP, our award-winning attorneys have recovered record results for victims who sustained life-altering brain injuries. This includes:
- A $17 Million recovery for a baby who suffered brain damage after providers failed to treat a pregnant mother’s routine infection. This is believed to be the largest medical malpractice recovery in California history.
- A $21 Million recovery for a 56-year-old woman who sustained a mild traumatic brain injury when her vehicle was struck by a truck. This is believed to be the largest net compensatory (non-punitive) award of its type for an individual in California history.
Watch Jim Bostwick’s interview with Walter Cronkite in 1978 discussing the highest jury verdict in the U.S.
With a proven record of success litigating brain damage cases, our attorneys are prepared to fight for victims who have suffered all types of brain injuries and related disabilities caused by preventable accidents, medical errors, and birth injuries. This includes cases involving
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Hypoxic-ischemic encephalopathy (HIE)
- Cerebral palsy
- Cardiac misdiagnosis and stroke injuries
- Brain damage resulting from medical malpractice
What Are the Symptoms of a Brain Injury?
Identifying the degree of brain injury can be very challenging, even for brain injury specialists.
People who have suffered a serious TBI may exhibit memory loss, a dampened ability for problem solving, difficulty controlling temper and many other symptoms, in mild cases. More severe cases can include total loss of cognitive function, and recovery is uncertain.
Brain injuries – whether caused by trauma or medical negligence – carry many consequences. Victims and families commonly incur substantial medical bills for diagnosis, surgery and other treatments, medication, therapy and rehabilitation. Further, many TBI victims may no longer be able to make a living or function in life as they had previously, if at all, and families can suffer severe financial hardship when a loved one has been permanently injured.
Strong Advocacy for Victims of Brain Injury
Bostwick & Peterson, LLP has dedicated their practice to representing the needs of personal injury victims, including those who suffer from traumatic brain injuries. Our firm has a skilled physician available to evaluate the claim with regard to predicted future medical costs, and this professional assessment can go a long way in securing substantial compensation in terms of an out-of-court settlement or judgment in court. We will aggressively pursue a level of compensation sufficient to cover any and all costs associated with the injury and will pursue all possible forms of compensation for the injured victim and their families.
Contact our experienced brain injury lawyers in San Francisco to schedule a free consultation.
Invitation-only organization of the top 100 plaintiff trial lawyers in the U.S.
Former President of the International Academy of Trial Lawyers, limited to the top 500 trial lawyers in the U.S.
James S. Bostwick and Erik L. Peterson have been named top-rated medical malpractice attorneys in Northern California.
Invitation-only group of the nation’s top civil lawyers and judges.
James Bostwick is a nationally certified medical malpractice specialist and founding member.
Recognized since its inception in 1983 by this peer-reviewed publication, comprised of the best legal talent in the world.
Recognized for professional excellence with impressive ratings from clients and peers.
James Bostwick & Erik Peterson are listed in the Top 100 Trial Lawyers.
An exclusive group limited to less than 1% of U.S. attorneys who have won multi-million dollar results.
James Bostwick has been featured among the Top 500 Leading Plaintiff Consumer Lawyers in America.