Knowing the mental, physical, and financial distress that a pedestrian accident can cause is why our firm fights aggressively and successfully for the maximum compensation possible.
The average car weighs around 3,300 pounds, making an impact devastating when cars, trucks, motorcycles and so forth crash into a pedestrian, leading to severe injuries or even death.
Examples of recoverable damages in pedestrian accident cases could include medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other economic losses.
If you or a loved one are ever involved in a pedestrian accident, it is imperative to take the following steps:
- Seek medical help. Your health and safety are the top priorities. Make sure that you, or someone at the scene, call 911 so that first-responders can dispatch right away.
- Report the accident. Next, call the police to take a report for future case evidence.
- Collect evidence. You can never have too much evidence in a lawsuit. If you are able, take photos of the accident, write down the contact info of witnesses, and anything else that could be helpful.
- Do not sign anything or speak with insurance companies. After the accident, the at-fault party's insurance company will reach out to talk about the accident and sometimes offer a settlement. Keep in mind that they might try to spin the story in their favor and offer you a drastically lower settlement than what you deserve.
- Hire a California pedestrian accident attorney. Leave the insurance and legal battles to an expert so that you can solely focus on your healing.
Pedestrians may be able to seek compensation from the at-fault party. Some examples of commonly named parties and situations could include:
- A negligent driver failing to yield at an intersection or fully stop at a stop sign.
- A person’s dog bites and attacks a child.
- Manufacturers, distributors, and/or retailers responsible for defective products.
- A speeding motorcyclist strikes a kid near a school bus zone.
- A reckless scooter rider jumps a curb and hits a person from behind.
Why choose Bostwick & Peterson?
Our pedestrian accident lawyers are backed by extensive experience, as well as decades of insight and know-how to help clients fight for the compensation they deserve. Here are a few more reasons victims choose us to represent them:
- James Bostwick is part of the Inner Circle of Advocates, an invitation-only organization of the top 100 plaintiff trial lawyers in the U.S.
- Erik Peterson was selected as a Senior Fellow of the Litigation Counsel of America, an invitation-only trial lawyer society comprised of less than one-half of one percent of all practicing U.S. attorneys.
- We are part of the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, an exclusive group limited to less than 1% of U.S. attorneys who have won multi-million dollar results.
When Californians want the toughest and most experienced attorneys, they turn to Bostwick & Peterson. Our San Francisco attorneys can help you evaluate legal options and explain what we can do to help.
We offer free and confidential consultations and speak English and Spanish. Please call (888) 831-8448 or fill out this online form to get started.