With over 80 years of combined experience, we have created a legacy of record-setting results for our clients. This includes securing the largest medical malpractice verdict in U.S. history, obtaining over 1 billion in compensation, and being listed on The Best Lawyers in America© and Top 100 Trial Lawyers year after year.
Choosing the best personal injury attorney for your case can be an overwhelming and intimidating decision. Read on to gain some insight into making this decision with confidence. We are also available 24/7 to answer your questions in English and Spanish via our contact form or Live Chatbox.
How Do I Know if I Have a Personal Injury Case?
If you or someone you love has been injured by another’s negligent or wrongful acts, you may be entitled to the financial recovery of your damages. Bostwick & Peterson is available to discuss how we may help you seek the justice and compensation you deserve.
Why Should I Hire a Personal Injury Attorney
Simply put, a talented personal injury attorney will increase the amount and certainty of the monetary compensation you may receive for your injuries. While insurance companies might cover some of the costs associated with treating the injuries you sustained, any proposed compensation usually does not extend beyond the initial costs. With the help of a dedicated personal injury attorney, you can seek an adequate amount for all the hardships you will have to endure as a result of your injuries. This could include missed wages, pain and suffering, emotional distress, medical bills, and so forth. If you let the insurance companies dictate the terms of your future life, they will always come up short.
How Much Does an Injury Attorney Cost?
There is no charge for our time or legal services unless your personal injury case is concluded successfully. All of our cases are on a contingency fee basis, which means that you do not have to pay an attorney’s fee unless we obtain compensation for you. The fee is based upon a percentage of the amount recovered.
While every case has its unique challenges, our personal injury lawyers in San Francisco are confident that they have the skill and know-how to secure the compensation your injuries demand.
How Should I Choose a Firm to Represent Me?
Choosing a law firm with extensive experience handling cases similar to yours should be at the center of your decision. Since not all lawyers are trial attorneys, ensure the firm has top-notch attorneys capable of handling trials, appeals, and other procedural matters to obtain the most beneficial result. You should also research the firm’s reputation and history of securing record-breaking verdicts and settlements. Most importantly, you want a firm that will be dedicated to your case and fiercely fight for full compensation. Working with the right legal representation can make all the difference in your fight for justice.
Why Choose Bostwick & Peterson?
Our attorneys are backed by extensive experience, as well as decades of insight and know-how to help clients fight for the compensation they deserve. Below are some of the reasons why victims choose Bostwick & Peterson to represent them:
- James Bostwick is part of the Inner Circle of Advocates, an invitation-only organization of the top 100 plaintiff trial lawyers in the U.S.
- Erik Peterson is recognized among The National Trial Lawyers’ Top 100 Trial Lawyers, by Best Lawyers® and Super Lawyers®
- Year after year, we are on the Super Lawyers®' list for medical malpractice.
- Since our inception in 1983, The Best Lawyers in America©, a peer-reviewed publication, has recognized Jim Bostwick & Erik Peterson.
- We are part of the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum; an exclusive group limited to less than 1% of U.S. attorneys who have won multi-million dollar results.
- James Bostwick was inducted into the Hall of Fame and featured among the Top 500 Leading Plaintiff Consumer Lawyers in America.
- Erik Peterson was selected as a Senior Fellow of the Litigation Counsel of America, an invitation-only trial lawyer society comprised of less than one-half of one percent of all practicing U.S. attorneys.
Lastly, words from former clients speak for themselves. Read full reviews here.
“James Bostwick is a blue-chip plaintiff’s personal injury lawyer.”
“Mr. Peterson and his team worked tirelessly with dedication.”
“I’m glad they were there for me every step of the way.”
Our Firm is Nationally Recognized for Handling Cases Involving:
The cases we handle involve traumatic, life-altering events. We work tirelessly to ensure that our clients receive the compensation they need to have a financially stable future. Some of our practice areas include:
What are Recent Verdicts and Settlements Obtained by Bostwick & Peterson
- $21,000,000 - this was the largest California non-punitive verdict for a single individual (San Francisco County, Zivic v. Winterland). Personal injury, brain injury, and auto/truck accident. A 56-year-old woman was injured when a truck struck her car.
- $17,000,000 - this is believed to be the largest medical malpractice recovery in California history. Medical malpractice, birth injury, brain injury, sepsis, medication error. Our client developed a routine infection during pregnancy that wasn’t treated by her medical team. She was hospitalized and recovered; however, her baby sustained a severe brain injury.
- $9,750,000 - this was the highest settlement for amputation in California history. Medical malpractice, Sepsis, Amputation. A 25-year-old woman’s medical team failed to diagnose and treat her sepsis promptly, resulting in a losing both hands and legs below the knees.
When Californians want the toughest and most experienced attorneys, they turn to Bostwick & Peterson. Working with skilled legal representation is critical if you or your loved one were harmed by another’s negligent or wrongful acts.
Our attorneys can help you evaluate legal options and explain what we can do to help. We offer free and confidential consultations and speak English and Spanish. Please call (888) 831-8448 or fill out this online form to get started.