San Francisco Bicycle Accident Lawyer
Injured in a Bike Accident? Call for a FREE Consultation.
Despite the fact that bicycles are legally authorized to share California roads with motor vehicles, many drivers demonstrate surprising negligence when bicyclists are in close proximity. Unfortunately, when the negligence of motorists results in accidents, bicyclists are the ones who pay the price.
If you or your loved one has been injured in a bicycle accident, Bostwick & Peterson, LLP can help you protect your right to compensation. Our award-winning team has:
- Recovered over $1 billion in compensation for victims.
- Secured record-setting verdicts in settlements in CA, HI, WA, and CO
- Been named a Tier 1 firm by U.S. News Best Lawyers® “Best Law Firms”
Bostwick & Peterson is led by two of the nation’s most respected plaintiffs’ trial lawyers and is comprised of advocates who care about making a difference in victims’ lives.
To request a free consultation case a San Francisco bicycle accident attorney, contact us.
Bicycle Accident Injuries & Damages
In addition to serious injuries, victims and families can face many other setbacks following bike accidents – including significant financial and emotional losses. Fortunately, civil personal injury lawsuits provide victims with an opportunity to recover compensation for these losses.
Recoverable damages in bicycle accident cases can include:
- Hospital / ER expenses
- Rehabilitations, therapy, and other medical treatment
- Future medical expenses related to the injuries / disability
- Physical pain and suffering
- Emotional suffering / loss of quality of life
- Lost income and lost future wages
In accidents involving the most serious injuries or wrongful death, other damages may be available. This can include lost financial support and household services a victim would have provided had they lived or not sustained a disability, as well as compensation for a surviving spouse’s loss of consortium.
Steps to take After a Bicycle Accident
- If you have been injured, seek medical assistance immediately.
- Once your medical needs have been addressed, it's a good idea to file a police report. A police report can be powerful evidence concerning exactly what happened immediately before and at the scene of the incident.
- Further, if there are bystanders, ask anyone who may have seen the crash to call the police and provide their contact information, such as name and telephone numbers. Memories fade, so whenever any accident occurs, getting witness statements immediately can be crucial.
- Make sure to let the police know if you suspect that the driver may have been using a cell phone or was otherwise distracted. This can be a significant issue in determining fault.
- Keep all your records related to the accident in one place – such as copies of the police report, any notes you may have about the accident, and any photographs you took at the scene.
While prioritizing your medical treatment and staying organized can go a long way in any personal injury claim you bring, one of the most important steps you can take is to contact qualified legal representation as soon as possible.
At Bostwick & Peterson, we are known nationally for our work representing the injured. Our resources and our reputation as a skilled and successful trial practice aids us in fighting for the maximum compensation possible, and can be used to your advantage when:
- Conducting investigations / accident reconstruction.
- Determining fault and liability / gathering evidence and documentation.
- Communicating with insurance companies and defendants.
- Negotiating full and fair settlements
- Litigating at trial, when necessary.
Even though filing a personal injury lawsuit may be the furthest thing from your mind after an accident, a proven lawyer can help you explore the best options for seeking a recovery of your damages. For more information, call the skilled attorneys at Bostwick & Peterson for an immediate consultation.
Speak with a Bicycle Accident Lawyer in San Francisco
The laws surrounding personal injury allow for victims of bicycle accidents to seek damages from the negligent and responsible party to cover costs associated with medical bills, lost wages, and other damages, including pain and suffering.
Bostwick & Peterson, LLP has won over $1 billion for victims. Our legal team knows what it takes to help clients navigate the legal process.
We believe in your right to receive the compensation you are entitled to, and we are dedicated to making sure you get optimal results. Contact us today.
Invitation-only organization of the top 100 plaintiff trial lawyers in the U.S.
Former President of the International Academy of Trial Lawyers, limited to the top 500 trial lawyers in the U.S.
James S. Bostwick and Erik L. Peterson have been named top-rated medical malpractice attorneys in Northern California.
Invitation-only group of the nation’s top civil lawyers and judges.
James Bostwick is a nationally certified medical malpractice specialist and founding member.
Recognized since its inception in 1983 by this peer-reviewed publication, comprised of the best legal talent in the world.
Recognized for professional excellence with impressive ratings from clients and peers.
James Bostwick & Erik Peterson are listed in the Top 100 Trial Lawyers.
An exclusive group limited to less than 1% of U.S. attorneys who have won multi-million dollar results.
James Bostwick has been featured among the Top 500 Leading Plaintiff Consumer Lawyers in America.