San Francisco Motorcycle Accident Attorneys
Call Bostwick & Peterson, LLP for a Free Consultation in California!
Each year, thousands of motorcyclists are injured and killed due to the negligence of others. If you or your loved one were harmed in a preventable motorcycle accident, taking legal action can help obtain the justice and compensation you deserve.
At Bostwick & Peterson, LLP, our San Francisco motorcycle accident lawyers are available to evaluate your legal options and discuss how we may be able to represent you in a personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit.
Do I Need a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer?
Before you sign any documents or accept any settlements, consulting experienced representation is in your best interest. A lawyer can ensure you have the resources to conduct investigations, consult experts, and build the strongest possible claim. What’s more, statistics show personal injury plaintiffs who have an attorney recover, on average, three times more compensation than those without.
At Bostwick & Peterson, LLP, we understand how insurance companies work and how to help clients pursue the maximum compensation possible. Other reasons to choose our firm:
- More than $1 billion in verdicts and settlements.
- Record-setting recoveries in CA, CO, HI, WA, and OK.
- U.S. News – Best Lawyers “Best Law Firms” Tier 1 law firm.
- Attorneys recognized among The Best Lawyers in America.
Learn more about our firm and discuss a potential case during a FREE consultation. Contact us to speak with a lawyer.
How Much is My Motorcycle Accident Claim Worth?
The value of any settlement or verdict in a personal injury case will depend on the specific facts involved, as well as factors such as:
- Injury severity: Motorcycle accidents commonly cause serious injuries that result in considerable pain and suffering, long recoveries, and extensive medical expenses. The more serious the injuries are, the more victims will require to be “made whole.”
- Permanent disabilities: Some motorcycle accidents are life changing. Traumatic brain injuries, spinal cord injuries, amputations, and other injuries can result in lifelong disabilities and extra needs that must be accounted for when seeking compensation.
- Medical expenses: Injury claims help victims obtain compensation for medical expenses. This can include ER and hospital bills from treating injuries, as well as costs related to rehabilitation, therapy, assistive care, and medical treatment likely needed in the future.
- Lost income: Victims whose injuries cause them to miss work can seek compensation for lost income. In cases where injuries are so severe that they prevent a person from working at all or working the same job they once had, future lost wages can also be sought.
- Other damages: Victims have a right to recover compensation for the economic and non-economic damages they incurred as a result of their injuries. This can include pain and suffering, loss of enjoyment of life, loss of consortium, and more.
It is not uncommon for motorcycle accidents to be high-value cases. Knowing this, insurance companies are keen to protect their bottom line and fight claims by disputing or denying liability, arguing damages, and doing all they can to pay as little as possible.
With experienced attorneys in your corner, you can level the playing field with insurance carriers and position yourself for a full financial recovery.
Who is Liable in a Motorcycle Accident?
Despite all the extra precautions and safety measures motorcyclists take, not everyone is as aware or cautious as they should be. As a result, their negligence may cause preventable motorcycle crashes that injure innocent victims.
Our attorneys conduct meticulous investigations to determine liability and seek the compensation victims need. These investigations may find liability on the part of various defendants, including:
- Negligent motorists who commit traffic violations
- Drunk or distracted drivers
- Commercial bus or truck operators
- Manufacturers of defective products
- Premises owners that failed to address property hazards
Determining who can be held responsible for your losses is one of the most important parts of a case. Prosecuting your claim and ensuring at-fault defendants and insurance carriers are held accountable for all of your damages is another challenge that demands the insight of an experienced legal team.
Examples of Our Results:
- $21M for a 56-year-old woman who suffered a mild TBI when her vehicle was struck by a truck. This is the largest non-punitive award of its type of an individual in California state history.
- $17M for a baby born with brain damage due to a failure to treat a routine maternal infection. This is believed to be the largest medical malpractice recovery in California history.
- $5M for the parents of a 14-year-old child who was killed in an ATV rollover at her bible camp. At the time, this was the largest settlement for the wrongful death of a child in CA history.
- $3.5M for a motorcyclist with vertebral artery dissection that was not promptly diagnosed and treated by emergency hospital health care providers.
Discuss your potential motorcycle accident lawsuit with a San Francisco lawyer from Bostwick & Peterson. Consultations are FREE and confidential.
Invitation-only organization of the top 100 plaintiff trial lawyers in the U.S.
Former President of the International Academy of Trial Lawyers, limited to the top 500 trial lawyers in the U.S.
James S. Bostwick and Erik L. Peterson have been named top-rated medical malpractice attorneys in Northern California.
Invitation-only group of the nation’s top civil lawyers and judges.
James Bostwick is a nationally certified medical malpractice specialist and founding member.
Recognized since its inception in 1983 by this peer-reviewed publication, comprised of the best legal talent in the world.
Recognized for professional excellence with impressive ratings from clients and peers.
James Bostwick & Erik Peterson are listed in the Top 100 Trial Lawyers.
An exclusive group limited to less than 1% of U.S. attorneys who have won multi-million dollar results.
James Bostwick has been featured among the Top 500 Leading Plaintiff Consumer Lawyers in America.